Pages

Monday, January 2, 2023

Last Months with Terminal Cancer

 


January 2, 2023

My stage 3C ovarian cancer has returned after two surgeries, four chemo treatments, and a year of taking the cancer suppressing medication, Lynparza. My body began becoming less responsive to the Lynparza until we decided to stop taking it in October 2022. 

Since my blood pressure was dropping to a seriously low level, I was generally exhausted, my cancer was quite advanced, and there was no prospect of being cured, it became no longer advisable to try other treatments.  At this time, I am only taking vitamins. My CA125 cancer count had been doubling each month for about nine months and now is expected to be at least 1000. 

I am feeling pretty well, though I tire very easily. If I avoid stress, get plenty of rest, exercise as much as I can, eat a healthy diet, and drink plenty of water, then I am able to putter around the house a little. I dust mop, make our bed, and do a little laundry. I try to get out for a walk each day. I can walk for about 20 minutes before I am tired. I'm noticing that my allergies are worse in the evening when I'm tired. I'm having trouble eating much oil, such as mayonnaise, even though it is organic and cold pressed. I am a little incontinent when I wake up in the early morning to go to the bathroom. Noises, heat, cold, movement, lots of people around, trying to do details, all tire me more than they did a month ago, but I am sleeping well and feel pretty good. I cry easily especially when I am more tired. I'm not very hungry now, but eat fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment