Pages

Friday, January 13, 2023

Last Days with Terminal Cancer

January 11, 2023

I began Hospice care. Since I have so many problems with allergies and chemical sensitivities, it will be mainly just help with medicines and keeping me comfortable. 


My cancer CA125 count went from nearly 500 the end of November to nearly 3,000 on January 9th. 

Each day I am more tired. I can still walk around my home pretty well, dress myself, and send a few emails. I have ascites, but after putting on ten pounds in water last week, it is staying about the same. Sometimes I have a little diarrhea. By 5pm, I am so tired that I have a headache, chills, and am slightly nauseous. My sleep is light and I wake many times during the night. I can get food down, but it is hard to eat after 2pm. I am eating small amounts at a time. I don't have any appetite, and feel a little nauseous at the smell of food, but I can still eat a reasonable amount in a day. I walk very slowly and tired quickly. I feel better with a nap in the afternoon. 

January 18, 2023

It is just two weeks since I knew I had Ascites for sure. I probably had it for a couple of weeks before for I was swollen and tired. I feel a bit uncomfortable, but little pain. I am eating small meals early in the day and getting in enough calories. My muscles are still wasting and my arms and calves are getting thin. I am sleeping ok, but am now able to only sleep on my back due to the ascites. My eyes are so tired that I can not read or write and am grateful that my husband is helping me to write some. I'm enjoying each day and am hoping that the end will not be too lingering or painful, but I know the Lord will help me whatever happens.


2 Timothy 4

6 . . / the time of my departure is at hand.

I have fought a good afight, I have bfinished my course, I have kept the faith:

No comments:

Post a Comment